CMS creates a better future for all children by maximising
their opportunities through quality education and initiatives for unity and development.
It's time now for you to unite the World by calling a meeting of World Leaders and establishing a World Parliament (Global Democracy) like that of the European Parliament which is a collaboration of Sovereign nations for realizing the shared dream and shared goal of European Unity and Peace, which was accomplished by President Harry Truman, who gave US$ 13 billion under the Marshall Plan to unify Europe.
Warm Greetings on behalf of the over 55,000 students of City Montessori School!
Dear President Trump, earlier three American presidents took the initiative to unite the world. It's your turn now to form a Global Democracy (World Parliament).
1. You will be immortalized for posterity if you take the initiative of calling a meeting of world leaders and follow in the footsteps of the three greatest American President the world has even seen: (1) President Woodrow Wilson, (2) President Franklin D Roosevelt and (3) President Harry S Truman, who came forward to save mankind and changed the course of human history by taking initiatives to unite the world:
1. US President Woodrow Wilson - League of Nations:
In 1919, during the First World War, Woodrow Wilson, President of USA, took the initiative to call a meeting of World Leaders at the Paris Peace Conference which led to the formation of the League of Nations. Although USA did not join the League of Nations and it had to call its first meeting in Paris, France, it was able to deter wars for two decades.
After the end of World War One, President Woodrow Wilson sought national support for his idea of a League of Nations as he believed that it could be a 'government of governments'. He took his appeal directly to the American people as he believed the Senate would have to approve it if the American people demanded it. So he went to the people for support. However, when the Senate did not approve it, he still went ahead and founded the League of Nations with 42 nations of the world.
Had US President Woodrow Wilson not called this meeting of sovereign nations of the world, which other world leader could have called this meeting?
President Woodrow Wilson believed that the fragile freedom of the signee countries could be protected through the international body of the sovereign nations that met for the first time in 1920. He shared an optimistic belief with the member nations that a new era of international relations was beginning. This was the first instance in the history of mankind that sovereign nations collaborated to realize their shared goal and shared dream of world unity and world peace.
If US President Woodrow Wilson had not taken that initiative, what would have been the fate of the world?
2. US President Franklin D Roosevelt - United Nations:
In 1945, Franklin D Roosevelt, President of USA, during the Second World War, took the initiative and decided to call a consultative meeting of World Leaders which led to the formation of the United Nations Organization (UNO) on 24 October, 1945 with only 51 sovereign countries originally signing the UN Charter. Today there are 193 Countries that are members of the UNO.
Had US President Franklin D Roosevelt not called this meeting of sovereign nations of the world, which other leader could have called this meeting?
The United Nations was formed through the collaboration of 51 sovereign nations of the world, who proclaimed "We the People of the United Nations, are determined to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind."
If US President Franklin D. Roosevelt had not taken that initiative what would have been the fate of the world?
3. US President Harry S Truman - European Union:
US President Harry S Truman implemented the Marshall Plan in Western Europe during the European War, rebuilding and subsequently reunifying much of Europe with about US$ 13 billion, which is worth US$ 140 billion today, which were given by the USA. He introduced the concept of a United Europe and the birth of the European Union with a European Parliament of 28 countries and Euro currency (adopted by 18 countries) and the Court of Justice of the European Union at the centre of the unification effort. Since its formation, the European Union has succeeded in preventing wars between otherwise warring nations and has brought lasting peace in Europe.
If US President Harry S Truman had not called this meeting of sovereign nations of Europe, which other leader could have called this meeting?
2. On similar lines, a 'World Union of sovereign nations can be created' in which every country enjoys its sovereignty but at the same time collaborates with other sovereign nations to become a part of a Global Democracy (World Parliament) like the European Parliament, adopt one World Currency like the 'Euro' and establish a World Court of Justice like the Court of Justice of the European Union.
3. President Harry S Truman had said: "Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better." President Harry Truman was inspired by President Woodrow Wilson when he said the above words. President Woodrow Wilson was a courageous leader who seized the opportunity and called a meeting of world leaders at the Paris Peace Conference in which only 42 countries participated, yet with their consent, he formed the League of Nations. He was facing stiff opposition in his country, just as you are facing now, yet he was courageous enough to call this meeting even against the will of the Senate. America did not join the League of Nations because Senate did not approve it. Still President Woodrow Wilson went ahead and called the meeting of world leaders for world unity and world peace and stopped the First World War from escalating. His actions have immortalized him and the world remembers him as the savior of mankind.
4. I have firm belief that you can do more than what President Woodrow Wilson had done.
Time has come full circle and you are facing the same kind of opposition from the Senate because of your actions which are in the best interest of your country and of future generations of America, just as President Woodrow Wilson faced a 100 years ago. We believe, "however, the greater your handicaps, the firmer your determination should wax and more abundant will assuredly be the blessings and confirmations of God" (as said by Abdu'l Baha, interpreter of the teachings of his father Baha'u'llah). Mr President, you are a man of God and that is why, when you met the Pope (who is the representative of God on Earth) to seek his blessings, he gave you the symbol of Olive Tree and told you to bring peace on earth. After meeting the Pope, you said "I am more determined to pursue peace and unity in the world."
5. The world does not have another courageous leader, like you, who can seize the opportunity to lead the world away from certain destruction and devastation. We believe that you President Donald Trump is only one such leader who can take the lead to unite the world by calling a meeting of heads of Sovereign Nations and form a Global Democracy (World Parliament). There is a glimpse of hope that the people of the world, including an ordinary person like me, have seen in you, as the most courageous and skillful leader of the world Mr President.
6. A Global Democracy (World Parliament) can be formed through an act of consultative will i.e. when the Heads of Government and Heads of State of even a few sovereign countries of the world come together on a democratic platform and collaborate for a shared goal and shared dream of world unity and world peace, so that mankind moves towards a world that is fair, just, safe and secure for all people everywhere on this planet and for generations that are yet unborn.
7. A shining example of such a collaboration is the European Union of once warring nations of Europe which were brought together by the consultative will of President Harry Truman through the implementation of the Marshall Plan. On the 50th anniversary of the Marshall Plan, the Brookings Institution had concluded that the Marshall Plan was "the greatest achievement of the federal government (i.e. the Government of USA) from the end of World War II until the beginning of the 21st century."
8. Today, no other national leader is as capable and empowered as you to lead the world in these tumultuous times. Humanity is looking upto you as a World Leader to unite the world and bring peace on Earth.
9. We are great believers in your leadership and can see that you have certainly delivered on the promises that you made before you became President, turning challenges into opportunities.
10. Only a strong, sovereign nation can secure a safe future for its people and for the people of the world. In your first speech as President of USA, at the United Nations General Assembly on 19th September 2017, you had called upon member states to "embrace their sovereignty" in the interest of the United Nations.
11. Abdu'l Baha, son of Baha'u'llah, had said: "Do not busy yourselves in your own concerns or the concerns of your own countries alone. Let your thoughts be fixed upon that which will rehabilitate the fortunes of mankind and sanctify the hearts and souls of men."
12. Today, the world is faced with the stark reality where there are differences, there is mistrust, strife and total lawlessness in the world, which have all resulted in making the 21st century even more dangerous than the 20th century that was the most brutal and murderous in human history. This has made the future of 7.5 billion people of the world, including the 2.5 billion children of the world and the generations yet unborn, progressively even more insecure and unprotected during past seven decades since the outbreak of the Second World War and the recent spread of international terrorism, global warming, environmental degradation, production of weapons of mass destruction, fear of a third world war and a nuclear holocaust.
13. Dr B. R. Ambedkar, architect of the Constitution of India had said: "Law and order are the medicine of the body politic and when the body politic gets sick, medicine must be administered."
14. The body politic of the world has become badly sick and it requires the urgent medication of law, order and justice.
15. Efforts for peace have failed miserably because they have failed to address the key issue i.e. 'Unity'. President of France, Emmanuel Macron had called Paris Peace Conference in November 2018 in which nearly 70 countries participated but this Paris Peace Summit cannot be considered successful as there was lack of unity and courageous leadership amongst nations of the world.
16. (i) A Common Concern, and (ii) A Binding Thread.
The over 2.5 billion children of the world and the generations yet unborn are the common concern for all the nations of the world, and a Global Democracy (i.e. a World Parliament) is the only binding thread which can bind the world to safeguard the future of world's over 2.5 billion children and the generations yet unborn and the humanity at large.
17. The world urgently needs leaders of Sovereign countries to come together for the cause of World Unity and only then successful deliberations can take place. The fruit of World Peace will grow on the tree of World Unity, and World Unity is possible only when sovereign nations collaborate to achieve shared goals and realize the shared dream of world unity and world peace through the formation of a Global Democracy (World Parliament).
18. History remembers President Abraham Lincoln for preserving the Union during the Civil War and beginning the process (Emancipation Proclamation) that led to the end of slavery in the United States. It is also believed that whenever President Lincoln faced disagreement, he could win over his detractors with his highly moral and skilled leadership. It was President Lincoln who inspired the nations of the world to adopt a democratic governance system when he delivered his famous Gettysburg speech "a government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." And now the time has come for you President Trump to inspire the nations of the world to join the meeting of World Leaders that only you can call for forming a Global Democracy (World Parliament).
19. The children of the world have let out a collective cry for help for they see that they face a dark and stressful future because the leadership of their countries have failed them.
20. President Trump, the world needs your leadership. It is the inter-generational responsibility of the present generation to bequeath a better world than the one that was inherited by them. As the leader of the present generation and also of the most powerful country of the world, destiny has placed an immense responsibility upon you to safeguard the future of the over 2.5 billion children of the world and the generations yet unborn.
21. Dear President Trump, I would like to draw your attention to the promises that you have made:
On 15 December 2015 in Las Vegas (USA), while addressing US electorate during your election campaign for US Presidency, you said: “I think I'm going to bring unity to the world. That's what I do - I bring peace and I bring unity.”
On 22 May 2017 at Tel Aviv Airport, during a visit to Israel, you said: “Now we must work together to build a future where the nations or the regions are at peace, and all of our children can grow and grow up strong and grow up free from terrorism and violence.”
On 24 May 2017, in the Vatican you promised to His Holiness the Pope: “I am more determined than ever to pursue peace in the world.”
On 19 September 2017, at the UN General Assembly, New York, you said: “But making a better life for our people also requires us to work together in close harmony and unity, to create a more safe and peaceful future for all people (of the world).”
On 26 January 2018, at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, you said: “We are all stronger when free, sovereign nations cooperate towards shared goals and they cooperate toward shared dreams (of World Unity and World Peace).”
On 12 June 2018, at the historic Singapore Summit, you said: “Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace” and “I'll do whatever it takes to make the world a safer place”. “The past does not have to define the future… adversaries can become friends.”
On 24 October 2018, you said in Mosinee, Wisconsin, USA: “We want all sides to come together in peace and harmony (in world). We can do it, we can do it, we can do it…It will happen.”
22. The people of America have reposed their trust in your leadership with great aspirations of peace and prosperity in this tumultuous world, and also for the safety and security of their children because of your promise of bringing about World Unity and World Peace.
23. Dear President Trump, please choose to be great and unite the world for you now have less than 18 months to take steps to unite the world and make it a better place for all the 7.5 billion people of the world.
24. WORLD LEADERS in the past have said that 'World Unity is required' and it is the only solution to save mankind from complete annihilation. ONLY YOU have promised to Unite the World and establish Peace on Earth.
25. Some great world leaders have said:
Mahatma Gandhi said: “The future peace, security and ordered progress of the world demand a World Federation of free (Sovereign) nations and on no other basis can the problems of the modern world be solved.”
Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain had said: “Unless we establish a world government, it will not be possible for us to avert World War III."
John F. Kennedy, President of USA had said: “We must create worldwide law and law enforcement agency, as we outlaw worldwide war and weapons.”
Dwight D. Eisenhower, President of USA had said: “There must be law, steadily invoked and respected by all nations, for without law, the world promises only such meager justice as the pity of the strong upon the weak.”
Mikhail Gorbachev, President of USSR had said: "An awareness of the need for some kind of global government is gaining ground, one in which all members of the world community would take part.”
Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru, First Prime Minister of India said: “Either the World will Unite or it will Perish.”
26. Dear President Trump, whereas above prominent leaders of the world have only talked that World Peace, World Unity, World Government and World Federation (World Parliament) is needed, but you are the first world leader in the history of mankind who has committed to bring about 'World Unity and World Peace' as you have said that “I am going to bring unity to the world”.
27. You have shown the greatest capability and have lived the words of the great US President Abraham Lincoln who once said that “the best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.”
28. At a press meet in the White House you had said “Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace” and “I'll do whatever it takes to make the world a safer place” in response to a question from Time Magazine. Mr President Trump, you had rightfully proclaimed that “The past does not have to define the future… adversaries can become friends.”
29. This was one of the rarest, unprecedented and unthought-of acts in the history of humanity. You have made peace with a once hostile country and saved the world from the scourge of war.
30. It is not easy to embrace the leader of a once hostile nation and announce that you share “a very special bond” with him. At the historic Singapore Summit on 12 June 2018, you shook hands with Chairman of North Korea, Kim Jong-Un, and turned hostility into friendship.
31. The world too has responded very positively to this development, and has hailed you as a strong and decisive World Leader who has shattered old diplomatic norms. You have created history as it was unthought-of to get North Korea to take concrete steps towards denuclearization.
32. The members of the League of Nations, United Nations Organization and the European Union were sovereign nations who collaborated and formed these supra-national organizations. The time has now come for you Mr President to invite the nations of the world to come together again and form a Global Democracy (World Parliament).
33. Mr. President, you had also said: "I'm a president who knows how to make things work; I would be very popular (in the world), I think."
34. You will be very popular amongst the 7.5 billion people of the world who are eagerly longing for World Unity and World Peace. Mr. President, as you had predicted, if you call a meeting of sovereign nations, like US Presidents Woodrow Wilson and Franklin D. Roosevelt did in the past, and lead the World to the formation of a Global Democracy (World Parliament).
35. We believe that you will certainly host a congregation of sovereign nations of the world on a democratic World Unity Table at the earliest, before it is too late, as you are not only an exceptional leader of your country but also have a deep sense of responsibility for all people of the world. You are not only the President of the world's most powerful nation but you are also the protector of the children of the entire world.
Baha'u'llah is the latest Messenger of God and the founder of the Baha'i Faith who proclaimed nearly 200 years ago that the time for Unification of Humanity has arrived. Leo Tolstoy once said about Him, “We spend our lives trying to unlock the mystery of the Universe, but there was a Turkish prisoner, Baha'u'llah, in Akka, Palestine, who had the key!”
36. 200 years ago, Baha'u'llah, the founder of the Bahai Faith said: "Do not busy yourself only in your own concerns, or the concerns of your countries alone. Let your thoughts be fixed upon that which will rehabilitate the fortunes of mankind and sanctify the hearts and souls of men." Baha'u'llah also said "the Earth is but one country and mankind its citizens". Dear President Trump, you can make the world one country by forming a Global Democracy (World Parliament) and lead it into a new era of Peace, Prosperity, Happiness and Security for all.
37. Abdu'l Baha, interpreter of the teachings of his father Baha'u'llah who founded the Baha'i Faith about 200 years back, made pronouncements on behalf of his father, regarding America and her destiny and prophesied:
38. "This American Democracy will be the first nation to establish the foundation of international agreement. It will be the first nation to proclaim the unity of mankind. It will be the first to unfurl the standard of the Most Great Peace. "
And again, "The American people are indeed worthy of being the first to build the Tabernacle of the Great Peace and proclaim the oneness of mankind ... For America hath developed powers and capacities greater and more wonderful than other nations ... The American nation is equipped and empowered to accomplish that which will adorn the pages of history, to become the envy of the world and be blessed in both the East and the West for the triumph of its peoples ... The American continent gives signs and evidences of very great advancement. Its future is even more promising, for its influence and illumination are far-reaching. It will lead all nations spiritually and politically."